JEWISH HERITAGE TOUR OF MOROCCO
9 Days / 7 Nights
CASABLANCA - FES - RABAT - MARRAKECH - OURIKA VALLEY
Moroccan Jews constitute an ancient community. Before the founding of Israel in 1948, there were about 250,000 to 350,000 Jews in the country, which gave Morocco the largest Jewish community in the Muslim world, but by 2017 only 2,000 or so remain. Jews in Morocco, originally speakers of Berber languages, Judeo-Moroccan Arabic or Judaeo-Spanish, were the first in the country to adopt the French language, and unlike the general population French remains the main (and, in many cases, the exclusive) language of members of the Jewish community there. The Jewish presence dates back over 2,500 years, to the time of the Carthaginian state. The Hebrew or Aramaic languages used by Jews were closely related to the Punic language of the Carthaginians; many Jews also settled amongst Berbers and adopted their languages. Later, under the dominion of the Romans and (after 429) the Vandals, Mauretanian Jews reportedly increased in number and prospered.
- Round-trip air USA – CAS/ MARRAKECH-CAS-USA
- Meet and assist upon arrival by your Perillo Tours representative
- Deluxe Private air-conditioned motor coach with an English speaking guides
- Choice of 4 or 5 star hotel throughout
- Daily breakfast , 1 Lunch, 7 Dinners
- Mineral water on the bus throughout
- 2 Night accommodations in Casablanca
- 1 Night accommodation in Fez
- 1 Night accommodation in Rabat
- 7 days of private sightseeing tours
- All entrance fees
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Porterage at the hotels
- Optional Shabbat services at the Bet-El Synagogue followed by Shabbat dinner
- USTOA 1 Million Dollar Traveler Assistance Program
This itinerary can be modified to the requirements of your group.
Occasionally local religious and national holidays, weather, traffic conditions and other events may necessitate changes in the sequence of events or the missing of certain events/places. Though every effort will be made to follow the itinerary, it should be considered as an indication, rather than a contract of events and places to be visited.
Dates & Rates Select a Departure Date